“We all have the same 24/7. What we do with our time becomes our priority. Choose what you do with your time and do not lead a life by default.” ~Patt Hollinger Pickett
...it sure is lonesome in mine.
Not really. I'm just gearing up for the Cowboy Rides Away George Strait concert that I'm hitting up in just over a month and that title worked for this blog. Never too early to be excited about seeing George Strait in concert!!
Things have been a bit crazy lately, so I thought I'd fill you in on what is going on in my world.
* I have finally let go of all my objections and have joined Pinterest. Just what I need....another way to kill hours of my time on the internet. I blame peer pressure and my excitement of getting to decorate a new house in Texas! Follow me here if ya want to see lots of cute house stuff, fun travel stuff, and (of course) OSU football stuff!
* Speaking of a new house in Texas, I have been house shopping. Zero fun sir. I do not like shopping, I do not like spending money, and I do not like decisions. Ergo, house shopping is pretty much my mortal enemy. But thanks to my sweet friend Mrs. BFF who I drug along with me into every house for sale in Texas, I have managed to get a super cute house in a great neighborhood. Here are a few photographs.
* I have been planning paint colors. Well this combines the first two items on the list, because I've got big plans for how to paint the walls in my new abode. I'm thinking some light turquoise, mint green, pale yellow. Here are some examples. I'm seriously beyond excited.
* I have been "staging" my condo in order to sell that baby. My realtor actually said that my house was in "pretty good shape" and that he liked a lot of my decor. But, alas, there were a couple of speeches about Grand Champion banners hanging on the wall and clutter on a bookshelf, and dirty dishes in the sink, that made clear I did not pass inspection.
* I have been bachelorette party planning. In April I have College Roomie's bachelorette weekend that will be taking place here in NM. She was involved in some of the planning and knows that we will be headed to Santa Fe to do some shopping, a progressive dinner, and some dancing. But because she can't know everything, the other girls and I have a few surprises up our sleeves that I'm quite excited about.
* I have been bachelorette party planning again. Nope, I didn't accidentally repeat myself. I'm also working on a bachelorette party plan for Cousin Whitney. We're doing this sort of in two parts. When she gets out of school in May she and I are headed for a little weekend getaway in Texas. San Antonio, to be exact. Then, the night before her wedding I'm throwing a little champagne and dessert party at her house for all of her girlfriends.
* I have been a little trip to a place called Europe. That's right, friends, the 30th birthday extravaganza has been booked. I'm looking at 14 days in Europe and I could not be more excited. I'll have another blog soon about exactly what's on top for this major adventure.
* After reminessing thanks to this blog, I have convinced my parents we need to go back to San Francisco for a little vacay. We've got a trip planned for three days in May and we plan on filling it up with a night tour of Alcatraz, lots of yummy food, and the Farmer's Market. Cannot wait!
Life Update With Rotations
2 days ago